GENERAL DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
From now on we will need to gain your written consent to having your child's details stored on our computer and as a hard paper copy which is kept locked safely in our office. This information is used solely by academy staff. We will use the information:
• to remind staff of any medical condition your child may have,
• for emergency contact details
• to complete examination entries
• send you newsletters and information about courses at the Academy by email We will keep the information until your child leaves Ripley Academy of Dance Ltd. or Ripley Academy of Drama Ltd.
We would kindly ask for written notice on leaving. After that point we will dispose of details in accordance with the new data laws. You can withdraw your consent to us storing the information at any point. From time to time we need to share your child’s information with third parties. This would be for one of three reasons:
• Examination entries made on behalf of yourself to the Royal Academy of Dance, National Association of Teachers of Dancing and London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. They request the child’s full name, Date of Birth, Ethnicity, Unique Learner Number for those over 14 years, LAMDA also request addresses and contact numbers.
• For those enrolled with our in-house casting agency Academy Kidz we often need to share the child’s vital statistics, photographs, showreels and your contact details with the director and costume/make up department.
• Licence applications for theatre performance and television appearances made to the local LEA. On our enrolment form we have asked for your permission to use any photographs and videos taken at the Academy for social media and website publicity.
All Ripley Academy of Dance Ltd. and Ripley Academy of Drama Ltd. photographs and videos are deleted from our devices (phone, ipad) as soon as they have been shared on social media and selected images stored on our office computer should they be deemed useful for future promotional material. Ripley Academy retain the right to use these photos for future advertising.